One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
Barry Farm Recreation Center Project
The new Barry Farm Recreation Center is approximately 32,000 sq. ft., and will include an indoor gymnasium w/bleachers, an indoor pool with the District's second water slide, lockers, a game room, an exercise room and senior lounge. Adjacent to the indoor pool and lockers is a below grade parking structure.
Exterior amenities include a combination football/soccer and little league field, press box for the field, community garden, basketball courts, playground and courtyard.
Phase 1 (2014) - Pool building, the garage, basketball courts and playground.
Phase 2 (2015) - Recreation Center, the field and the exterior amenities.
- Gymnasium with spectator seating for 250 people
- Game area
- Fitness room
- Computer lab
- Senior lounge
- Teen room
- Multipurpose rooms
- Indoor pool with lap lanes, water slide and leisure area with slides
- Locker rooms
New Outdoor Features Include:
- Multipurpose synthetic field for football, baseball, and soccer
- Press box
- Bleacher seating for 400
- Parking garage
Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Presentation September 9, 2014
- Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Presentation 9-9-14
- Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Construction Update - ANC 8C06 Community Meeting Flyer 9-9-14
- Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Construction Update - ANC8C Meeting 6-4-14
- Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Update 2-12-14
- Barry Farm Recreation Center Project Update 1-10-14