In FY2011, DC YouthLink expanded service linkages across all Positive Youth Justice Domains. Compared to FY2010:
- 27% growth in the number of youth served.
- 63% growth in the service linkages per youth.
- Growth in all domains, including relationships, work, education, health, community and creativity.
FY2011 showed improvements across several public safety outcomes for youth enrolled in DC YouthLink, including:
- 60% drop in youth charged with murder, falling from 5 to 2.
- 25% drop in the percent of youth having their community placement revoked.
- 33% drop in the percent of youth on abscondence on any single day, and a 3% drop in the number of overall youth absconding.
FY2011 4th quarter data reflects improvement in several public safety outcomes:
- No DC YouthLink youth was charged with murder.
- Lower rates of youth revoked or on abscondence compared to prior quarters.
Significant growth in the percent of youth linked to job readiness programming in FY2011 Q4 included DC YouthLink nearly doubled the percent of youth enrolled in work readiness programming, from 16% to 29% in one quarter.