One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
What is Project BUILD?
Business University Partnership to Innovate, Link, and Develop Retail Businesses, or Project BUILD, is a pilot program designed to help improve existing small RETAIL businesses in the District by connecting them with Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate students. Students from Georgetown University will work with selected businesses for five weeks to develop a personalized business plan.
Why Should I Join Project BUILD?
You will receive a FREE customized business plan prepared by MBA students. Your business plan would help you:
- Apply for funding opportunities (e.g. business loans, grants) to grow your business
- Improve the marketing and promotion of your business
- Plan for the future of your business and others
Who is Eligible to Join?
- Small retail businesses located in the District; and
- Can commit ten hours to meet with the partnering MBA students; and
- Can provide business information (e.g. financial statements) for data analysis; and
- Can demonstrate strong desire and need for the service
All applicants will go through a selection process before they receive services.
How do I Sign Up? Registration Deadline - June, 21, 2013
Interested parties should call Dory Peters at (202) 727-3120 or email email@example.com
Please provide the following information:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Phone Number(s)