Notice of Public Funding and Partnership to Construct Municipal Wastewater Facilities and Implement Nonpoint Source Pollution Control and Estuary Protection Projects
The District Department of the Environment (DDOE) announces a request for applications to identify collaborative partners for DDOE’s grant submission to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Clean Water State Revolving Fund.
Collaborative partners will support DDOE’s efforts to fulfill the EPA’s funding opportunity goals and objectives. DDOE will act as the lead agency in the application for grant funding to support the construction of municipal wastewater facilities and implementation of nonpoint source pollution control and estuary protection projects.
Applications are requested for the following eligible project activities:
- planning, design, and construction of publicly owned treatment works on a priority list developed pursuant to Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 216;
- implementation of nonpoint source capital improvements consistent with a US EPA approved DC Nonpoint Source Management Plan and watershed implementation plans, which are developed pursuant to Section 319 of CWA; and
- green infrastructure, water efficiency improvements, energy efficiency improvements, or other environmentally innovative activities as described by the Green Project Reserve (GPR) project eligibility guidance pursuant to P.L. 111-88.
Only projects that meet the eligibility threshold of having a high likelihood of achieving a water quality standard or reducing or eliminating an existing water quality problem will be evaluated, scored, and proceed to inclusion on a draft Project Priority List.
Beginning Friday March 21, 2014 the full text of the request for partnership applications will be attached below.
A person may obtain a copy of this application by any of the following:
- Email a request to email@example.com
In person by coming to the 5th floor reception desk at the following street address to request a hard copy:
District Department of the Environment
1200 First Street, N.E., Fifth Floor
Washington, D.C. 20002
- Write DDOE at: (the above address) Attn: David Wooden
Deadline: The deadline for application submission is April 30, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Five hard copies of the application must be submitted to the address above, and a complete electronic copy of the application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, you may call 202-741-5267.
Eligibility: Applicants must be registered to do business in the District of Columbia. A nonprofit organization, educational institution, District government agency or other local organization may apply to partner with DDOE.
Potential Funding: The total anticipated amount of funds that EPA will make available for DDOE and its partners is approximately seven million ($7,000,000) dollars. The final amount will be determined when EPA provides information on the availability of fiscal year 2015 program funds.
Funding Match: Projects that are ultimately deemed eligible and selected for construction are funded at a 55% Federal grant share. The applicant must provide 45% of the selected project’s cost from a non-Federal source.