Celebrate the Creative Spark!
Call for proposals
“Creativity is putting your imagination to work, and it’s produced the most extraordinary results in human culture.”
Sir Ken Robinson
Creative Spark - Call for Proposals
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) seeks District-based arts organizations experienced in offering programming for children and youth to deliver arts workshops as part of a month-long celebration of the arts during National Arts in Education Month in March 2016.
Celebrate the Creative Spark! is designed to meet DCCAH’s goal of developing the creative capacity of children and youth in the city. Participating arts organizations will have the opportunity to build new relationships with schools and share the process and value of their work with them.
Workshops will take place in DC Public and Public Charter Schools across all eight wards of the city, and will reflect the process-driven activities done in arts classrooms that build the creative skills of students.
1. Organizations and individual teaching artists should have a proven track record of offering high quality arts programming for children and youth;
2. Organizations should be registered as not-for-profits in the District of Columbia;
3. Individual teaching artists should be residents of the District of Columbia;
4. Successful organizations and individuals are required to attend an orientation meeting in order to understand the scope of the project; and
5. Organizations and individuals are required to create a unit of three workshop lesson plans based on a creativity framework provided to them by DCCAH.
Interested organizations are encouraged to contact David Markey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-671-1354 for more information by Wednesday,December 2, 2015.
The deadline for proposals is December 18, 2015.