One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) utilizes an online Grant Application Portal. Both first time and previous DCCAH grant applicants will need to create a new account. All applicants must submit the application online via this portal by 6:00 pm on the deadline date. DCCAH will not accept mailed, emailed or hand-delivered copies of grant applications. Late applications will not be accepted.
Grant Application Procedure
1. Review the FY14 Guide to Grants [PDF] and the grant guidelines thoroughly and determine eligibility of the applicant, project and project activities.
2. Register with DCCAH’s online Grant Application Portal.
3. Once fully registered, select the desired grant program(s) and complete the application questions and budget/budget narrative data.
4. Upload all required documents and supplementary material.
5. If the grant opportunity requires the Cultural Data Project (CDP) Funder's Report, visit the Cultural Data Project website to begin the CDP process.
6. Upload the required work sample. Please note that work samples must speak to the artistic content of the applicant as it relates to the grant request. See Guide to Work Samples [PDF] for more details.
7. Submit the application by 6:00 pm on the grant program’s deadline date.
8. For technical assistance, contact DCCAH at (202) 724-5613.
The application process is competitive and subject to the availability of funds. Applicants may not request or receive funding for the same project activities through more than one Commission grant program or grant category.
Applicants are fully responsible for the content of their application packages. An automated confirmation of an application’s submission does not guarantee an application’s eligibility nor recommendation for funding by the Advisory Review Panel. DCCAH staff cannot make corrections to applications on behalf of applicants nor can Good Done Great’s staff. DCCAH staff will review applications for completeness and contact applicants for any incomplete documents within five business days of the deadline. Applicants are responsible for updating attachments within five business days of DCCAH’s notification. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the Advisory Review Panel for consideration.