One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
Path2Work is a brand under the One City One Hire initiative:
- Designed as a series of career fairs/recruiting events for various and distinct populations (e.g., youth, mature workers, veterans, etc.)
- Connects unemployed District residents to viable employment opportunities with One City One Hire partners
- Offers a myriad of services and trainings to assist residents in their efforts to obtain sustainable employment and put them on a Path to Work.
Path2Work Reemployment Trainings – Ongoing
- Participants: all unemployed district residents no longer eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits – the 99ers
- Approximately 5,000 expected participants