One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
Replace a Lost DC One Card
You may replace your damaged, lost or stolen DC One Card at one of the DC One Card Service Center Locations.
However, if you are a DC Public School (DCPS) or DC Public Charter secondary school student (grades 6-12), you will receive your Replacement DC One Card at your school.
To Replace Your DC One Card
- Make sure you have completed the online DC One Card Application
- Go to any DC One Card Service Center Location
- Provide Proof of Identity (see Eligibility Requirements) - Note: We regret that we cannot accept photocopies or scanned documents.
A new digital photo will be taken at the time your card is being replaced.
For assistance, please call the DC One Card Helpline at (202) 727-6030 during business hours: Monday to Friday; 9 am to 5 pm.
To Replace a Metro SmarTrip® Card
There are two ways to replace a lost or stolen Metro SmarTrip® Card:
- Get a replacement DC One Card from the issuing agency (which may require a fee)
- Purchase a SmarTrip® Card from any Metro outlet
To replace your DC One Card at a Customer Service Center, you will be required to provide original Proof of Identity documentation (see Eligibility Requirements) and a replacement card will be issued and mailed to your home.
Once you have your new card, you can call the SmarTrip® Regional Customer Service Center at 1(888) 762-7874 to have your DC One Card updated with the value on the card at the time you reported it lost or stolen.
Replacing a Senior SmarTrip® DC One Card
Contact DC One Card