Department of Employment Services

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Replace a Lost DC One Card

family in yard

You may replace your damaged, lost or stolen DC One Card at one of the DC One Card Service Center Locations.

However, if you are a DC Public School (DCPS) or DC Public Charter secondary school student (grades 6-12), you will receive your Replacement DC One Card at your school.

To Replace Your DC One Card

Follow these three easy steps:
  1. Make sure you have completed the online DC One Card Application
  2. Go to any DC One Card Service Center Location
  3. Provide Proof of Identity (see Eligibility Requirements) - Note: We regret that we cannot accept photocopies or scanned documents.

A new digital photo will be taken at the time your card is being replaced.

For assistance, please call the DC One Card Helpline at (202) 727-6030 during business hours: Monday to Friday; 9 am to 5 pm.

To Replace a Metro SmarTrip® Card

If you lose a registered SmarTrip® Card (including a Senior SmarTrip® DC One Card), you won't lose the value.

There are two ways to replace a lost or stolen Metro SmarTrip® Card:

  1. Get a replacement DC One Card from the issuing agency (which may require a fee)
  2. Purchase a SmarTrip® Card from any Metro outlet

To replace your DC One Card at a Customer Service Center, you will be required to provide original Proof of Identity documentation (see Eligibility Requirements) and a replacement card will be issued and mailed to your home.

Once you have your new card, you can call the SmarTrip® Regional Customer Service Center at 1(888) 762-7874 to have your DC One Card updated with the value on the card at the time you reported it lost or stolen.

Replacing a Senior SmarTrip® DC One Card

If you have lost a Senior SmarTrip DC One Card immediately notify the WMATA Regional Customer Service Center at 1(888) 762-7874. WMATA will be able to protect the remaining funds on your card while you await your replacement.
Upon successfully receiving a Senior SmarTrip DC One Card replacement, WMATA will be automatically notified and remaining funds will be transferred from your lost card to your new card.

Contact DC One Card

You may call the DC One Card Helpline at (202) 727-6030.