Tuesday, April 15, 2014
DOES Will Accept Employer Applications During the Month of April
(Washington DC) – The DC Department of Employment Services (DOES) is actively recruiting employers in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to support Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s 2014 Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). SYEP provides six weeks of paid work experience and training to District youth ages 14 to 21. Employers are needed to provide constructive and enriching employment and training opportunities to District youth.
Interested employers must commit to the following:
- Attending a supervisor orientation between April 21st and May 17th;
- Hosting at least one youth for the entire six-week program period;
- Designating a host coordinator to serve as liaison between the organization and DOES;
- Selecting a payroll coordinator to ensure that timesheets are properly maintained and submitted timely to DOES;
- Providing supervision by designating a worksite supervisor for each youth assigned to the organization.
This year, the program will begin on Monday, June 30, 2014 and end on Friday, August 8, 2014. All interested employers should visit www.summerjobs.dc.gov to apply. The priority application deadline is April 30, 2014.
About the Summer Youth Employment Program:
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is a locally funded initiative that provides work experience and training through subsidized placements in private and government sectors for District residents aged 14 to 21.
The mission of the Department of Employment Services is to plan, develop, and administer employment-related services to all segments of the Washington, DC metropolitan population. We achieve our mission through empowering and sustaining a diverse workforce, which enables all sectors of the community to achieve economic and social stability.