One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
American Job Center Workshops
Our workshops offer insight and information into every part of a job search, from choosing your next career step to learning how to negotiate for a higher salary.
Job Readiness Workshops
- Successful Job Search and Career Planning. Set goals, identify, organize and communicate your interests, values and skills to find the best fit for you.
- Resume Building Parts I and II. Learn the key ingredients to a well-written resume and cover letter. Discover the key information that will make your resume stand out.
- Successful Interviewing and Salary Negotiation. Learn how to prepare for an interview. Find out the types of questions that are asked and how to answer them. Then, learn the best tips to significantly increase your salary.
Click here for the latest workshop calendar. All classes are taught at the DOES American Job Centers, unless otherwise noted. Workshops are subject to change.
We also offer workshops on the following topics:
- Resume Writing – Your resume is your first and best chance to get a job interview. Find out how to showcase your talents and skills, and link them to the job you want.
- Successful Interviewing – Make a great impression through the entire interview process. Learn the most important dos' and don’ts to ensure a successful interview.
- Job Search and Career Planning – You have unique skills, experience, financial goals and long-term plans. We’ll help you map out a job search and career strategy that meets your personal goals and needs.
- Basic Computer, Word Processing and Internet Job Search Workshops – New technologies are important tools for finding—and keeping—today’s jobs. This overview of the latest computer technology will update and improve your skills.
- Intensive Intervention Workshops for Unemployment Insurance – A variety of publicly funded programs can see you through your job search. We’ll show you how to complete and file your paperwork for the assistance you need. (See the workshop calendar for specific topics.)
One-Time Courses and Seasonal Workshops – Many programs are featured for your short-term and seasonal needs. Check the workshop calendar for the latest events.