One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
Hands On Environmental Learning
It's not just a field trip! DDOE's watershed education programs bring together field studies and classroom activities in multiple disciplines. Students learn about the Anacostia, Potomac and Chesapeake Bay watersheds. Their experiences are integrated into the rest of their studies, and sustained throughout the school year.
More Hands On Learning Opportunities
- Anacostia Environmental Youth Summit
- Mark Storm Drains on Your Street
- RiverSmart Schools
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Overnight Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience
- Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE)
You may also be interested in the DC Environmental Education Consortium.