One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
Lead-Based Paint Accreditation, Certification and Permitting
The Lead-Based Paint Accreditation, Certification and Permitting Program protects human health and the environment from the hazards of lead-based paint. The program is the authorized United States Environmental Protection Agency state program under a federal grant to DDOE. This is done through:
- Certification of lead-based paint professionals and accreditation of training providers
- Permitting of lead-based paint abatement projects and activities
- Inspection and compliance monitoring of lead-based paint activities
- Enforcement of District and federal lead regulations
Resources for Business
- Certification Exam Information and Exam Schedule [PDF]
- Work Discipline Requirements [PDF]
- Lead in Paint, Dust, and Soil from EPA
- DC Training Providers List [PDF]
- EPA-Accredited Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program (RRP) Training Providers
- Lead-Based Paint Abatement Companies [PDF]
Lead-Based Paint Consultant Companies [PDF]
(Lead inspections, risk assessment and air monitoring.)
Effective August 25, 2014, DDOE office hours for processing lead certification applications will be from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM on Fridays.
For more information, please call (202) 478-2441.