L.E.A.P. (Learn, Earn, Advance, Prosper) is a network of interconnected partners utilizing the “earn-and-learn” approach that will link the city’s unemployed residents with employment, education and training opportunities. The earn-and-learn approach applies the apprenticeship model to skill development, allowing individuals to earn a wage while participating in an on-the-job training experience and concurrently participating in related technical instruction. This framework allows individuals to earn wages and accumulate work experience thus bolstering their ability to advance along a career pathway and into the middle class.
To be eligible for L.E.A.P., an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a District of Columbia resident.
- Must have a valid a state issued driver’s license
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma, GED Certificate or higher
- Must be a registered participant with DOES’s Division of State Initiatives and or the American Job Center
- Must pass a drug, alcohol and suitability screening, if offered a training opportunity
- Must not be currently enrolled in a D.C. subsidized employment program
- Prior education and or work history in the automotive field is helpful
If you have any questions about L.E.A.P. or the application process, please email le[email protected]