The District of Columbia has a diverse population of talented job seekers looking to enter or reenter the workforce and assume roles as productive, full-time employees. This universe of job seekers includes valued community members between the ages of 50 and 64 that were previously employed and are ready to get back to work! Back to Work 50+ at DC DOES (BTW50+ DC DOES) is an exciting initiative launched by the Department of Employment Services in collaboration with AARP Foundation that expands employment opportunities for mature job seekers from all eight wards of the District. Employers value experienced and dependable job candidates; BTW50+ DC DOES is exited to help those very candidates make employment connections!
- District of Columbia resident
- Age 50-64 years old
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Permission to work in the United States
- Interested and ready for full-time employment (up to 40 hours per week)
- Have been employed within the last 5 years
- Phase 1: Following a 7 Smart Strategies for 50+ Jobseekers Workshop and program intake and assessment, participants enroll in four weeks of BTW 50+ DC DOES engagement sessions, which provide technology training, resume development support, career counseling, and much more.
- Phase 2: Upon completion of the four-week training, participants receive individualized Job Placement Assistance and Job Coaching. BTW 50+ DC DOES offers up to 90 days of On-the-Job training with employers who have fully committed to hiring participants.
In order to apply for Back to Work 50+ DC DOES, individuals must contact AARP at 1-855-850-2525 in order to register for an upcoming 7 Smart Strategies for 50+ Jobseekers Workshop.
For information on other resources available through the AARP Foundation, please contact their National Call Center at 1-855-850-2525.
Service Contact: Division of State Initiatives
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: (202) 698-4201
Contact Suite: 5171 South Dakota Avenue, N.E., 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20017