The High School Internship Program (HSIP) serves high school seniors in the District who are between the ages of 14 and 21. HSIP provides participants with structured internships and individualized assistance to successfully obtain a high school diploma and secure full-time, unsubsidized employment, or to enroll in a post-secondary education or advanced training program upon completion of the program.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- District of Columbia High School Senior
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Meet the requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
A completed application package consists of:
- Submission of all certification documents (see Checklist)
- Official school transcript
- School Schedule Verification Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of Income
All required documents must be submitted in person to the Office of Youth Programs in order to be considered!
To apply, please drop off your completed application package to Stefanie Kenchen in the Office of Youth Programs, located at 4058 Minnesota Ave NE, Washington, DC 20019, 2nd floor. Application packages can be dropped off Tuesday- Friday between the hours of 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM.