Department of Employment Services

DC Agency Top Menu

The Department of Employment Services (DOES) and the American Job Centers will be closed on Friday, September 27, 2019 for Professional Development Training.
DOES and the American Job Centers will resume their regular schedule on Monday, September 30, 2019 at 8:30 am.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

How to File a Claim

How to File a Claim

Please Read These Instructions Carefully Before Filing A Claim!

If you worked in Maryland, you must contact the Maryland Department of Labor and Industry at (410) 767-2357.

If you worked in Virginia, you must contact the Virginia Department of Labor at (804) 371-2327.

If you are filling a claim for misclassification, the minimum wage, unpaid overtime, accrued sick and safe leave, and a living wage, please contact the Office of Wage-Hour at (202) 671-1880.


For more information, contact the following:

DC Department of Employment Services
Labor Standards Bureau
Wage-Hour Compliance
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE, Suite 3600
Washington, DC 20019