Changes to the District of Columbia Unemployment Insurance Program
Effective January 7, 2018, the Maximum Weekly Benefit Amount will increase from $425 to $432 for new initial claims only. All claimants who are currently receiving unemployment benefits as of January 7, 2018 will continue to receive their current maximum weekly benefit amount.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the above changes. If you have additional questions, you may contact the Customer Navigation Center at 202-724-7000.
The following services are available for claimants who are filing an Unemployment Claim:
- File a Claim
- Change of Personal Data
- Overpayment and Repayment Information
- Start Your Unemployment Compensation Process
- Claimant's Rights and Responsibilities Handbook (English, Spanish, Amharic, French, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese) [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) for Claimants (English or Spanish)
- UI Notice to Employees (English/Spanish)
- UI Virtual Classroom
Upon filing an unemployment application, you will need to download a Claimant Affidavit of Federal Civilian Services, Wages and Reasons for Separation as well as provide your W-2 for 2015, your last two pay stubs from 2016, and if available your Standard Form (SF-50) and Standard Form 8 (SF-8) to ensure timely processing of your claim.
If you do not know your 3-digit federal agency code, please click here: Federal Agency List