If you receive a suspicious email from the DC Department of Employment Services or DC Networks, do not click the link and do not share any requested information. You can find more information and all of the ways District workers and employers can report and prevent fraud on our website HERE.
The following benefits expired:
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)
Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC)
Please read the descriptions of expired federal unemployment benefits or view the End of Benefits FAQs to learn more about the conclusion of these programs.
To help explain accessing your unemployment benefits we have created a quick guide:
Our agency is committed to supporting claimants through benefits and workforce development opportunities for re-employment. DOES offers the following resources to DC residents:
- American Job Center helps residents find a new job, transition into something new, expand their skills, or explore a new career.
- DC Infrastructure Academy trains, screens, and recruits residents to fulfill the needs of the infrastructure industry and infrastructure jobs.
- DC Career Connections is a work readiness program that provides out-of-school and unemployed young adults with opportunities to gain valuable work experience.
- Project Empowerment provides unemployed residents with opportunities to grow in education, training, and subsidized employment placements.
Download our detailed factsheet:
- Extended Benefits Fact Sheet
- Federal Unemployment Benefits Ending Factsheet
- Federal Unemployment Benefits Ending Factsheet - Spanish