The Department of Employment Services (DOES), offers reliable labor statistics for the District of Columbia and the surrounding metropolitan area. DOES, produces, analyzes and delivers timely and reliable labor data to improve economic decision-making.
We provide a variety of labor market, economic and demographic data such as:
- Employment and Wages - current employment, projections and wages by industry and occupation, occupational profiles and career information.
- Labor Force - labor force, employment, unemployment and unemployment rates.
- Economic Indicators - income and unemployment claims data.
- Population - age, race, gender, income, veteran's status and education information.
Below you will find labor statistics and economic publications for the District and surrounding areas:
- Latest Monthly Statistics
- Labor Force, Employment and Unemployment Statistics [PDF]
- Industry Employment Statistics [PDF]
- District of Columbia Mass Layoff Statistics [PDF]
- Occupational Employment Statistics [PDF]
- Covered Employment and Wages [PDF]
- Business Employment Dynamics Data
- Unemployment Data for DC Wards
- DC Analyzer System (with other Labor Market Information)
- Labor Market Information News Release Calendar for 2016 [PDF]
- District of Columbia Labor Market Analysis - October 2014
- Private Sector Net Job Creation in DC: DOES Firm Size Matter? - September 2014
- Understanding the Implications of Raising the Minimum Wage in the District of Columbia - July 2014
- District of Columbia High Demand, High Wage Occupations - July 2014
- 2014-2015 New Labor Market Trends Newsletter
- Educational Attainment of People Working in the District of Columbia by Occupation, September 2013 [PDF]
- District of Columbia and Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area Occupational Wage, May 2012 Report [PDF]
- DC Industry and Occupational Projections 2012-2022 [PDF]
- DC Industry and Occupational Short-Term Projections [PDF]
- Employment Guidebooks [PDF]
- Labor Market Snap Shot [PDF]
- 2013-2014 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report
- 2007-2011 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report Archive
- Labor Market Trends Newsletter Archive
- DC Top 200 Employers by Size Class
Inquiries concerning the DOES Labor Market Information data and publications may be sent to the following:
Department of Employment Services
Office of Labor Market Research and Information
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20019
Phone: (202) 671-1633
The Department of Employment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Division includes the following:
- The District of Columbia
- The Virginia cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas and Manassas Park
- The Virginia counties of Arlington, Clarke, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Warren
- The Maryland counties of Calvert, Charles, Prince George's and Frederick
- The West Virginia County of Jefferson