One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
The Department of Employment Services (DOES), offers reliable labor statistics for the District of Columbia and the surrounding metropolitan area. DOES, produces, analyzes and delivers timely and reliable labor data to improve economic decision-making.
We provide a variety of labor market, economic and demographic data such as:
- Employment and Wages - current employment, projections and wages by industry and occupation, occupational profiles and career information.
- Labor Force - labor force, employment, unemployment and unemployment rates.
- Economic Indicators - income and unemployment claims data.
- Population - age, race, gender, income, veteran's status and education information.
Below you will find labor statistics and economic publications for the District and surrounding areas:
- Latest Monthly Statistics
- Labor Force, Employment and Unemployment Statistics [PDF]
- Industry Employment Statistics [PDF]
- District of Columbia Mass Layoff Statistics [PDF]
- Occupational Employment Statistics [PDF]
- Covered Employment and Wages [PDF]
- Business Employment Dynamics Data
- Unemployment Data for DC Wards
- DC Analyzer System (with other Labor Market Information)
- Labor Market Information News Release Calendar for 2013 [PDF]
- Educational Attainment of People Working in the District of Columbia by Occupation, September 2013 [PDF]
- District of Columbia and Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area Occupational Wage, May 2012 Report [PDF]
- DC Industry and Occupational Projections 2010-2020 [PDF]
- DC Industry and Occupational Short-Term Projections [PDF]
- Metropolitan Statistical Area 2010-2020 Industry & Occupational Projections [PDF]
- Employment Guidebooks [PDF]
- Labor Market Trends Newsletter [PDF]
- Labor Market Snap Shot [PDF]
- Top 200 Directory [PDF]
- 2007 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report II [PDF]
- 2008 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report [PDF]
- 2009 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report [PDF]
- 2010 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report [PDF]
- 2011 District of Columbia Annual Economic Report [PDF]
Inquiries concerning the DOES Labor Market Information data and publications may be sent to the following:
Department of Employment Services
Office of Labor Market Research and Information
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20019
Phone: (202) 671-1633
The Department of Employment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Division includes the following:
- The District of Columbia
- The Virginia cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas and Manassas Park
- The Virginia counties of Arlington, Clarke, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Warren
- The Maryland counties of Calvert, Charles, Prince George's and Frederick
- The West Virginia County of Jefferson