One City One Hire is an innovative economic development strategy that serves as a catalyst to jump-start the Mayor's pledge to put all unemployed District residents--in every Ward of the city--back to work.
The Department of Employment Services (DOES) offers veterans a wide variety of job search and training services. Special veterans' representatives are employed at most American Job Centers, where case managers ensure complete services for veterans, especially those who are disabled. Specialized federal services are also available to all veterans by contacting Hire Vets First, (202) 530-9371.
Veterans benefits include the following:
- Registration at an American Job Center
- Assessment of individual interest, skills and abilities, as well as counseling, to assist with an effective job search
- Follow-up services
- Assistance in securing medical services or counseling
- Priority status accorded to all veterans for all employment services
Upcoming Career Exploration Opportunities for Veterans in September
Below are career exploration opportunities for Veterans during the week of September 10th where Veteran job seekers can learn, network, and build relationships with a number of government and corporate employers in the Washington metropolitan area that can lead to viable employment.
- Disabled Veteran Employment Opportunities in Washington [PDF]
- Case Design/Remodeling Career Exploration Day [PDF]
- FBI Career Mentoring Day Flyer [PDF]
- Clark Construction Career Mentoring Day Flyer [PDF]
For more information about Veterans employment, contact the following agency:
DC Department of Employment Services
American Job Centers
US Department of Veterans Affairs
1722 I Street Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20421
Phone: (202) 530-9371