The Department of Employment Services (DOES) and American Job Centers will be closed, Friday, September 27, 2019, for an All Hands Professional Development Day. All DOES Office of Unemployment Compensation (OUC) in-person, phone and email services will be unavailable for the day. This includes Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits, UI Tax, Benefit Payment Control (BPC), UI Appeals, and UI Compliance programs. Certain UI online self-service options, however, are available as listed below.
Online self-service options available for the UI Benefits Program include:
- Application for Unemployment Insurance benefits can be filed online at www.dcnetworks.org
- Changes in personal data can be completed online at www.dcnetworks.org
- Set up or removal of direct deposit information as a way to receive benefit payments can be completed online at www.dcnetworks.org
- Status of benefit payments can be checked online at www.dcnetworks.org
- Weekly Benefit Claims (certification for benefits) and filing a work search record can be completed online at www.dcnetworks.org
- Participation in a Virtual UI Classroom - Instructional session providing information on unemployment eligibility and weekly certification filing assistance can be completed online at https://does.dc.gov/multimedia/defend-integrity-virtual-classroom-video
For all UI Benefits inquiries, please email [email protected].
Online self-service options available for the UI Tax program include:
- Employer account registration can be completed online at https://essp.does.dc.gov/
- Upload of Power of Attorney (POA) can be completed online at https://essp.does.dc.gov/
- Wage reports can be filed online at https://essp.does.dc.gov/
- Wage report amendments can be filed online at https://essp.does.dc.gov/
- Payments can be made online at https://essp.does.dc.gov/
For UI Tax Employer Status inquiries regarding liability, registration and maintenance of general account-related information, please email [email protected] – ATTN: Status Unit.
For UI Tax Accounting inquiries, primarily, wage reporting, wage amendments, and payments, please email [email protected] – ATTN: Accounting Unit.
For UI Tax Technical-based support inquiries for DOES’ Employer Self-Service Portal (ESSP), please email [email protected] – ATTN: ESSP Support Team.
For UI Tax Treasury Offset Program (TOP) or Notice of Intent to Offset inquiries, please email [email protected] – ATTN: Collections Team.
For UI Tax Compliance inquiries, please email [email protected] – ATTN Compliance.
For all UI Benefit Payment Control (BPC) Branch inquiries, please email [email protected].
Online self-service options for the UI Appeals Program include:
- The UI Appeals form to request the reversal of first level eligibility determinations can be found here. Please read and adhere to all instructions, as appeals must be filed with the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) which is not part of DOES.
For all UI Appeals filing inquiries, please email [email protected].
Thank you for your patience as we hold our Annual Professional Development Day for our staff. Professional development is a key factor that contributes to the internal growth and progress of an agency. Through development training, we are better able to serve our community and provide exceptional customer service.
All UI program services will resume during regular business hours on Monday, September 30, 2019. For additional information on DOES programs, please visit the agency’s website at www.does.dc.gov. All phone and email messages will be given prompt attention once in-person agency services resume.
The Appeals Unit of Office of Unemployment Compensation OUC represents the agency in Benefit Appeal hearings on first level eligibility determinations for UI Benefits. Both claimants and employers have the legal right to appeal a determination with which they disagree.