DC Career Connections follows a three-phase model:
- Phase 1: Intensive three-week Job Readiness Training focusing on soft and life skills.
- Phase 2: Continuing education or occupational skills training. Placement is determined by a participant’s education level, aptitude, and interest.
- Phase 3: Up to eight months of direct work experience at a DC Career Connections host site. The purpose of this time-limited phase of work is to help participants gain real world experience, build positive work habits, and establish a consistent employment record.
Throughout each phase of the program, DC Career Connections offers a host of wraparound services including: transportation benefits, job coaching, substance abuse referrals, mental health referrals, housing referrals, childcare referrals, clothing or uniform assistance, financial counseling, basic computer training, and more.
- District of Columbia resident
- Age 20-24 years old
- Permission to work in the United States
- Willing to take Urinalysis drug tests throughout the program