Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.



Trade Adjustment Assistance

How To Apply

To obtain Trade Adjustment Assistance reemployment services and benefits, a group of workers must first file a petition with the US Department of Labor's Trade Adjustment Assistance Program (TAA) requesting certification as workers adversely affected by foreign trade.

Petitioners may request assistance in preparing the petition at their local American Job Center. Petitioners may also contact the US Department of Labor in Washington, DC at (202) 693-3560 or 1 (888) 365-6822.

If you choose to file a petition on behalf of workers at more than one location, please contact the Office of Trade Adjustment Assistance at the numbers above.

Application Deadline: There are specific deadlines for applying for and enrolling in TAA benefits and services. For information regarding meeting these eligibility requirements, immediately after filing your TAA claim, you should contact your local American Job Center or send an email to the [email protected]

After a group certification is issued, each worker in the group must then individually apply for services and benefits through their local American Job Center. TAA case managers at the American Job Centers will issue a determination of the workers' individual eligibility for TAA benefits.

For more information, call (202) 698-5700.