OJT Program Details
Reimbursement Guidance 1
- Category 1 – 50 Percent Reimbursement – Larger Companies (Number of Employees: 100 or more)
- Category 2 – 75 Percent Reimbursement – Small to Mid-size companies (Number of Employees: 99 or less)
Note: The employer will receive the higher percentage amount from Guidance 1 and 2, even if the candidate falls into a lower percentage rate.
Reimbursement Guidance 2
- Category 1 – 50 Percent Reimbursement – Candidate is job ready with significant work experience and/or some post-secondary education.
- Category 2 – 75 Percent Reimbursement – Candidate is job ready with limited work experience or skillsets, possesses a high school diploma or GED. Other qualifiers include one of the following: youth ages 18 – 24, seniors 55 years or older, returning citizens, individuals with disabilities, chronically unemployed, homeless veterans, does not possess a high school diploma or GED, or is not job ready, but possesses the desire to work.
Note: For both reimbursement Guidance 1 and 2, the length of the contract is based on the candidate’s skillset, occupational assessment, identified barriers to employment and other special criteria. The number of training hours will be determined during the finalization of the training plan.
Employers participating in the On-the-Job training program must demonstrate that they have the fiscal and operational capacity to administer the proposed program. The following documentation will be used to assess eligibility:
- IRS Form W-9 (signed and dated)
- Valid and current business license
- Documentation proving taxes are in good standing in the firm’s residing state
- Proof of Liability Insurance and Workers’ Compensation
- Supervisor or Trainer’s Resume
- Employer Profile and Job Order in DC Networks
- Training Outline (training time frame, reimbursement amount and hourly wage)
- Assurance Document
- Worksite Review
Positions considered for the On-the-Job Training program require:
- Minimum of 32 hours per week
- Pay rate between $14 and $23.95 per hour
- W-2 tax status
- 3:1 Employee to Trainee Ratio
Note: Seasonal positions will not be considered.
Preferred OJT Occupations
Desired occupations are those that will develop a marketable skillset during the term of the On-the-Job training, including:
- Property Management
- Assistant Manager
- Account Executive
- Court Reporting
- Healthcare and Data Coding
- Information Technology and Cyber Security
- Law Enforcement
- Mechanical Engineering, Diesel Technicians and Auto Mechanics
- Transportation Services
If you have any questions about the DOES OJT Program or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.