What are the functions of the DC Apprenticeship Council?
The DC Apprenticeship Council performs the following functions:
- Approves apprenticeship standards that meet minimum basic standards of regulations.
- Ensures compliance of Affirmative Action Plans associated with apprenticeship standards.
- Acts as second level of appeal for complaints of apprentices.
- Deregisters apprenticeship programs not in compliance with local and federal apprenticeship regulations.
- Assists in educating the community to apprenticeship.
- Formulates policies for the effective administration of apprenticeship programs.