The Office of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) provides onsite consultation services to private-sector employers in the District of Columbia. OSH assists employers in establishing and maintaining a safety and health management program that ensures, to the maximum extent possible, a safe, healthful work environment for employees.
The following free services are available:
- Voluntary safety and health consultation visits, including training and program assistance
- Worksite surveys in accordance with US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Technical and educational assistance/training to employees and employers, in an effort to promote safety and health standards on the job
- Recommendations for corrective action and engineering controls to abate detected hazards
- Follow-up visits to verify corrections of serious hazards
- “Did you miss the OSH Safe and Sound webinar? View the presentation here."
- For questions or concerns regarding DC government worksites, contact the Office of Risk Management at (202) 727-8600.
- Employers may copy OSH's Sample Hazard Communication Program [PDF] for their own use.
- The US Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration website provides more information about federal occupational safety and health standards.
- Find more information about the National Association of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Programs.
- Occupational Safety and Health Frequently Asked Questions
DC Department of Employment Services
Labor Standards Bureau
Office of Occupational Safety & Health
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20019
Phone: (202) 671-1800
Fax: (202) 673-2380