PROGRAM DATES COMING SOON!
The Mayor Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program (MBSYEP) is a locally funded initiative sponsored by the Department of Employment Services (DOES) that provides District youth ages 14 to 24 with enriching and constructive summer work experiences through subsidized placements in the private and government sectors. Mayor Bowser signed the Mayor's Order 2015-037 on January 14, 2015, to rename the program the Mayor Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program in honor of former Mayor and MBSYEP founder Marion Barry.
Through MBSYEP, we strive to provide young people with the opportunity to:
- Earn money and gain meaningful work experience;
- Learn and develop the skills, attitudes, and commitment necessary to succeed in today’s world of work;
- Gain exposure to various exciting career industries; and,
- Interact with dynamic working professionals in a positive work environment.
Though MBSYEP is a short-term employment and training program, our goal is to introduce our youth to employers who will positively impact their futures.
Employers in the Washington, DC metropolitan area make this annual program possible by volunteering to serve as Host Employers and providing structured job opportunities for youth during the summer.
- 2021 MBSYEP Youth and Parent Information Packet
- 2021 MBSYEP Youth and Parent Information Packet - Spanish
- 2021 MBSYEP Online Orientation Guide
- 2021 MBSYEP Parent Consent Form
- 2021 MBSYEP Participant Consent
- 2021 MBSYEP Parent Consent Form - Spanish
- 2021 MBSYEP Participant Consent Form(18 and older) - Spanish
- 2021 MBSYEP Eligibility Document Checklist
- 2021 MBSYEP Eligibility Document Checklist - Spanish
- 2021 MBSYEP Online Flyer
Reports and Evaluations
- 2020 MBSYEP Independent Evaluation
- 2019 MBSYEP Report
- 2019 MBSYEP Independent Evaluation
- Mayor's Opportunity Scholarship
- 2018 MBSYEP Report
- 2018 MBSYEP Program Evaluation
- 2017 MBSYEP Report
- 2017 MBSYEP Program Evaluation
- Summer 2016 MBSYEP Report
- 2016 MBSYEP Program Evaluation
- Summer 2015 MBSYEP Report
- SYEP Program Evaluations 2010-2014
- For updates, follow MBSYEP on Twitter