The Office of Wage-Hour (OWH) is responsible for enforcing the District of Columbia’s wage laws. To view a full list of the laws enforced by OWH please click on the link above.
The Wage-Hour Rules provide, among other things, sub-minimum wage rates for newly hired workers and minors. The rules also provide for the establishment of reasonable allowance levels for work-related situations or special conditions associated with employment relationships, such as travel allowances, meal, and uniform allowances.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act of 2008 (Hardship Waiver)
- The Accrued Sick and Safe Rules
- Living Wage Act Final Rule Making
- Commuter Benefits Rules
- Notice of DC Minimum Wage Increase Public Notice
- Notice of Sustainable DC Omnibus Amendment Act of 2014
- Notice of The Living Wage Act 2021
- Notice of Wage Theft Prevention Amendment Act of 2014 (English /Spanish)
The Wage Theft Prevention Amendment Act of 2014 requires all District of Columbia employers to provide a “Notice of Hire Form” to employees. Failure to provide the required “Notice of Hire Form” shall result in the imposition of an administrative penalty of $500 for each employee that fails to receive the “Notice of Hire Form”.
- Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act Poster (English / Spanish)
- Minimum Wage Amendment Revision Act Poster (English / Spanish)
- Living Wage Act Poster (English / Spanish)
- Buildings Services Act Poster (English / Spanish)